When summer time comes around, everyone is looking for the appetizer at the party that is going to make the crowd go, "Wow!" We may have just found the perfect solution for you. Below is the recipe for the crispy, flavor-quenched, baked zucchini chips!
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
Voila! Your delicious zucchini chips are now ready to munch on!